When it comes to having beautiful skin, did you know that what you put in your body is waaaay more influential than what you put on your skin?
The skin is our largest organ and it has many amazing functions, but I'm guessing that you're not really hanging out for THAT information so I'll get straight to the juice!
Scientists have only recently discovered the link between the gut microbiome and skin health, particularly in relation to inflammatory conditions like eczema and psoriasis as well as AGEING skin.
It's long been known that inflammation can be regulated by improving gut health and this is one of the theories around the improvement of skin conditions, including ageing skin by healing the gut.
Did you know that many 'gut health issues' are asymptomatic? That's why it's pretty important to look after your gut health whenever possible.
So how can you do this?
1. Eating prebiotic foods (NOT probiotics!) Did you know the microbiome you have is the best one for you, and taking random probiotics isn't helpful. You're way better off increasing your intake of prebiotic foods (fibre foods) to feed your own gut bacteria, such as:
- apples, oats, sweet potato, onions, garlic, asparagus, lentils, leeks, flaxseeds, etc.
2. Addressing gut symptoms. Let's face it, gut symptoms can be embarrassing to talk about but it's super important to address things like:
- Chronic diarrhoea, constipation, pain, bloating, excess flatulence, etc.
As a practising Naturopath I talk about these issues with my patients daily and I'm totally used to it - don't be embarrassed, just do it.
3. Reduce sugar and processed foods - do I really need to elaborate on this??
4. Manage your stress. We have a Gut-Brain Axis and they influence each other. When we're stressed it impacts our gut bacteria and vice versa. Use techniques such as:
- Deep breathing, self care, hot/cold therapy (even turning your hot shower cold at the end will help), mindfulness and staying in contact with friends/family will all help.
One of the reasons I was motivated to write about this is because of the feedback I'm receiving from women taking Energy Glow NR about the improvements in their skin that they're seeing even with their first bottle.
I haven't really been focusing on this with my posts/newsletters but I know it's a really important part of our self esteem so you'll be hearing more about this over the coming weeks.
Energy Glow NR supports -
🌟 Skin integrity and structure
🌟 Collagen production
🌟 Stress response
🌟 Skin repair
🌟 Skin regeneration
PLUS so much more - in just 2 capsules a day.
(Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Always read the label and follow directions for use.)